Monday, June 7, 2010

I got a case of . . .

Compare -itis

Compare:
Origin - 1375-1435; late ME comparen
- verb (used with object)
1 - to examine (two or more objects, ideas, persons, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences: to compare two pieces of cloth; to compare the governments of two nations.

Why must I insist on torturing myself through my grand art of comparing everything, everyone and their lives, to mine? It's my most annoying quality and that's saying something:)
Lets see if I can strive for a great case of Content - itits - - - - now that's something I can get on board with!

2 comments:

Uno said...

You are definitely not the only one with this sickness...I too have this infirmity...Let's be more like Paul and be content in whatever station that we are in...Like swinging on the swing at the park in Enterprise and letting your hair just go....

Much love

Uno...

Leslie said...

...I don't know, but sometimes comparing is a healthy way for me to be grateful for what I have and who I am. "Wow, I'm so blessed because THAT is not my life!" LOL.

I'm sure people are thinking that about me when they watch my kid having a temper tantrum in the checkout stand because she really, REALLY wanted that toy!

Humm... this way of comparing may quickly lead to contentment.