Friday, January 21, 2011

Europe is over - - - -

Psych! . . . . . . . . Not!
Fooled ya, right? Well, I'm bringing a good "Psych" or "Not" back into business! I have missed you old friends. The other day, I had a gentleman in at work and the whole time he was talking I wanted to interject with any sentence that could let me use "Psych" - - maybe something like, "Your bill is going to be thirty percent off . . . . . Psych!" or even, "Yup, you have windshield coverage . . . Not!" So folks, I now declare that you can go back to using our dear old friends, Psych and Not. Use them wisely and sparingly because, if not, you could find yourself out of a job or sitting home alone with no friends . . .

Waiting for the Pope - - -


Thousands of people, thousands of pick pockets . . .



Notice the white canopy, he will appear there soon - - -



This court jester-y guy is part of the Pope's special forces -they are called The Swiss Guards, I so want to be one, if only for the outfit!



so surreal . . .



Look closely - - - there he is. He came out in a car to circus music and drove around the people before being driven up the steps and dropped off. He gave a two second blessing and then sat down while his bishops read psalms in different languages. It was interesting, I'm glad we happened to be there on the only day he comes out - Wednesdays.


This is the Sistine Chapel. The picture is kind of blurry because you aren't suppose to take pictures and if they catch you they throw you out - I couldn't resist, however, because it was to amazing for words. This main front mural is of the last judgement and if you glance at the top of the picture you can see the famous "Creation of Adam". This goes on my top ten places ever, worth every long waited minute and euro payed . . .




This is in St. Peter's and is the alter, it was an incredible place that also carried a sad feeling - all of the marble and statues were stolen from the forum and the Colosseum to build up the Vatican, so sad, especially when you come from ruins of those great places and wonder what it would have been like had they let them be.


La Pieta - One of the most beautiful works of Michelangelo - look up the history of how he carved his name on the statue, so cool . . .

The ruins of The Forum -



The mouth of truth - don't stick your hand in if you are a liar, you'll never get it back


One of my absolute favorite pictures of the trip - Peter looking out onto the square



Mussolini built this during his regime -

My mom's favorite painting from our hotel, our night doorman painted it - just shows how everyone in Rome is artist - - -



Goodbye Rome - taken from our dashing taxi in the early morn . . .
Stay tuned tomorrow for Egypt - - - Psych! It will actually be Barcelona . . .



4 comments:

Uno said...

Beautiful as always, you are.....

Yoda talk for ya!

Love the segway from Psych and Not to the transition point of, Waiting for the Pope!

Hill Ary Us

Love

Uno...

Uno said...

Beautiful as always, you are.....

Yoda talk for ya!

Love the segway from Psych and Not to the transition point of, Waiting for the Pope!

Hill Ary Us

Love

Uno...

abby's photo shoppe said...

I love your posts! I look forward to every single one. I wished we lived closer cause man.... we would have some laughs.
THat last sentence kind of made me think of a "deep thought by Jack Handy" only it wasn't.
I am a nerd.
I luff you!

Ariel said...

This was one of my favorite Europe posts so far!

When you have a minute, I think it's time for you to e-mail/fb me with more details of your present life:)