Sunday, March 31, 2013

My favorite Easter . . .

April 2006 was one of the best Easter's I can remember in a long time. It was the last big holiday before Marcos and I went on our missions and everything changed. I wonder if we thought life would change as much as it has and would we have been able to appreciate it more if we had known? I can remember distinctly feeling a love for my family that day as we talked and laughed and flew kites together. 

Mom and I thought it would be fun to do an Easter egg hunt because we had never really done that in our family. We upped the fun a little by telling our fierce hunters that there was money in those eggs . . .
You can tell by the following pictures that it got intense; but what I really love about it was that we all became children again, and you can definitely tell that by the pictures from that day:) . . .


(best "Ready, Set, Go" picture EVER)

Can it have been a more beautiful day?

Did they really think Mom and I were so obvious as egg hiders?

They weren't against playing a little rough:)

Marcela was one of the best - you can't tell here but her basket was full of eggs

and like everything, it had to end - - - - no idea what happened to Marcos, he was there at the beginning, then vanished . . .

I can't believe we only had little Samu back then:)

and obviously . . . . we are insane.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That was a good Easter. What were those pants I was sportin'? Sheesh, things are so different now. Happy Easter dear Mia, thanks for posting those