Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year! . . . .

Well, I am grateful that we finally made it to the year 2008!! I am excited for what the future holds. Life has been good to me this last year. I have learned so much and changed in many ways. I've been thinking about change a lot lately, seeing as I find myself in a very new position. What is it that helps us move beyond the fear of the unknown and accept the changes that take place in our lives? It often seems that as soon as you get comfortable with something you are thrown into a new realm - I think that's how I feel about the mission and my life now. I was finally getting comfortable accepting and growing in my identity of a missionary and here I find myself now at home. To say that I'm not nervous or scared for the path my life should take now would be a lie but I can say that I think the way that we can best deal with change has to do with trust. Trust God, trust that he knows us and loves us and with him we can confront any change that comes and who knows, maybe the thing we feared most is what will help us the best. I love my life and I love that we now have another year to experience happiness, sadness, challenges and triumphs! May this next year fill you with peace and may you take that step into the dark with trust and faith in God!!

1 comment:

Uno said...

Well said!

It is true that at time the most challenging events are those that are the best for us! You have changed becasue you let the mission change you and to me that proves that you were and are an amazing missionary! The Lord loves you Mia and this will be your greatest year.

Te Amo

Uno...