Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Things to look forward to . . .


Well, it's that time of year again. The depressing, cloudy, mucky, annoying almost spring so you get a cold - season. I've got a cold and I have to say that I've also let myself get sucked into the depressing vibe that sunless skies are bound to bring. Now, I'm not a crazy "I love the sun more than I love to breath" freak (hmhm - like my mom - just kidding mom - love ya), I'm actually quite fond of the rain but this in-between weather has got to go! So . . . instead of my usual complaining, I thought that I'd list some things I'm looking forward to -

1 - The Rocket Summer concert!! He's in SLC March 31st and ticket is already in hand!

2 - Conference! General Conference that is. I've missed the last 3 conference family traditions and so I'm super excited about finally being back and also having friends from the mission visit!

3 - Finding a job!!! I haven't looked as hard as I should but that could change . . .

4 - Marcos coming home!!!!!! I miss that kid and can't wait until May 21st.

5 - Summer weather!! Gabby is planning some great hikes and getting in shape is just what I need to put a smile on my face!

6 - Being happy. It's a conscious choice sometimes and lately I've chosen the alternative - not anymore! We can all find things each and everyday that make us happy - some days are harder than others but it can be done, and I challenge us all to look for those things - - -Who's up for the challenge?

Well, those are only a few of the little things that are on my mind but I'd love to hear what you are looking forward to . . .

4 comments:

emily said...

Mia, it's your old cousin emily!! I love your bangs. You look gorgeous in your pic. Love love love the bangs. emily

Uno said...

You better believe it!

You have tons to look forward too!

This is a great life and it will be a super fun Summer

Uno...

abby's photo shoppe said...

Mia Pia,
I think you should go look for a job at the hospital in admissions or some time of translater there. I think they pay pretty well and they work around schedules. mmm, kaaaaay. Good luck!
abba

mia veronica said...

thanks Em and Abby!! I love you both - it's fun to see that the Harris family takes the cake when it comes to loving your dear, dear cousin . . . Mia :) - Just kidding to all the Neville and Chard cousin's out there :) - no one ever said it was a contest - haha.