Saturday, November 15, 2008

All my hours spent with the Gilmore Girls finally pays off . . .

                                                       1.jpg
As I glance at the above photo many things come to mind - family, comfort, laughter, comfort, happiness and fun - and did I mention comfort?  I have watched all 7 seasons( in fact as I type this, in the background is season 7 episode 10(featuring the annoying and hated Anna Nardini - mother of Luke's daughter and don't even get me started on that storyline . . .) many times and sometimes just put it on as I am doing things to have in the background or before I go to sleep - it's a comfort thing people - if you haven't gotten the drift about the "comfort" that it brings my soul then you never will:).  Finally, though, my many hours of Gilmore viewing have finally payed off in the form of impressing my teacher and colleagues in my Thursday night English 2020 class.
Here I sit in another long class and we are discussing yet another wonderful play - The Glass Menagerie.  Now, just so you know, my professor Dr. McKay is a very fast talker and very intelligent and sometime a little intimidating.  The class is also a very quiet class - she asks a question and it's crickets until Gabby or I finally answer the question - no one talks.  Anyhow, she is explaining so things about the play because it was set before the depression and as she goes through the pages she stops and throws out, "oh, I have to tell you this so that you understand" and while shaking her head already anticipating that we wont know have an answer she asks "You don't know what the D.A.R. is, do you?" and then before she can say another world my mind jumps in to action and I immediately shout out - "DAUGHTERSOFTHEAMERICANREVOLUTION" - fast and quick.  I get the knowing nod as if she approves of my intelligence and says "yes, very well".  I have made it.  Yes!  Gilmore Girls totally to the rescue - even if I don't have all the intelligence I can now fake it with the help of my favorite show and it gives me a good 10 more months of why I can continuously watch Gilmore with no reprieval -is that even the right word?  I guess I will have to watch some more Gilmore to figure it out. . . .

5 comments:

Uno said...

SO GOOD MIA!

You are born to be an English Major!

Te Amo

Uno...

by the way...when is your birthday

Jessie Gold Price said...

Yes! That makes me so happy!!! I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS and we really need to have a party Mia!!!! I'm getting Taryn addicted to them as we speak! :)

Wendy said...

Oh girl, I'm so happy that all that Gilmore knowledge gave you fabulous rewards in return. You go girl!

Natalie said...

I am watching Gilmore Girls as we speak! I am only on season 4 but LOVE it! The same thing happened to me in elementary school, except it was Saved By The Bell!! And Who says we dont learn from watching TV!

Michelle said...

Mia, I miss you! How was your trip? I love your anti music on the blogs post. I can agree sometimes when there are multiple windows open it can get to be a little much. But I love my music haha ! :) just mute mine when it comes up! haha