Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving thoughts and mullet names . . .

Happy Thanksgiving all!!  I have to admit that this really isn't that big of a holiday to me.  I remember when I was little it was one of the most fun days because everyone came to grandma and grandpa's home and it was the greatest time to get together with all of my great cousins that made everything fun.  Now some might think this is an odd thing to remember but I can still remember how amazing the juice in the big orange pitcher was - there really was nothing better.  We made gumdrop turkeys and set up the tables throughout the house - there was nothing better.  To spend time with the ones that we love is the greatest blessing that we have to be grateful for and that is why I am happy today why I wish everyone a great and fun filled day . . .
Speaking of fun filled, I thought that I would share with you all an interesting moment that brought a smile to my face the other day.  I was at work and a gentleman came in to pay his bill and pulled up in a "Stealth"(the cars actual name) red hot rod.  He came in and sat down and visited while paying and he had one of the greatest flowing mullets ever, the kind that leads you to know he's had it all his life.  It was the kind that came down over the neck but had long hair on top so it all just flowed like a river in the springtime.  As I looked at him I couldn't help but think, "Of course this man has a mullet - - -his name is ROD and he drives and 80's sportscar, it would be a disservice to all mankind if he didn't have the long flowing locks".  There you have it folks - I have now come to wonder and need your help . . . . What other names are given mullet names?                                      
                           
     Uncle Jesse of course - not just "Jesse" but Uncle Jesse!!!

2 comments:

Uno said...

I just threw up in my mouth...


Good story...Horrible pic

Much Love

Uno...

Wendy said...

Wow... I'm not sure what to say.