Sunday, December 7, 2008

Damn Bursts . . .

Wow.  That's about all I can say about my very vocal rant in my last post but I have to say it did the trick because you all came through beautifully(maybe though, you were just afraid of 'ol Darth).  I have to say that those responses kept me laughing and I will never think of "Frank" the same.  Thanks to all.  
The other day I found myself in a hospital waiting room and I have to say that I got to thinking about the non - descriptive "art" that grace the walls of fine establishments such as hospitals and if it serves the purpose for which it was intended.  I believe that all things have a purpose but I was curious as to what their purpose was.  Is it to calm the troubled nerves of waiters such as I?  Is it too uplift and bring color to an otherwise colorless and depressing atmosphere?  Did that artist paint that and think "man, I hope this hangs on the wall of a hospital or office building"?  Not that they really are bad works of art just that I wonder many things about them.  Who bought them?  Where did they finds them?  Why did they pick that specific burst of pink and white and blue?  How long as it been there?  Has anyone besides me ever in the history of the world given them that much thought?  
And the questions keep coming.  Needless to say, odd things at times occupy my thoughts.  What about you?  What is odd that occupies your thoughts?

Non - descriptive art that graces one of the grand halls of Davis Hospital
Is it a damn that has burst?  Is it a boat going over a cliff?
(And all the above questions apply to this particular painting)

4 comments:

MC said...

Damn burst, huh...Maybe "Damn Burst" is the title. Except that I wonder what that really means...Is that, like, what happens when Dad is fixing something in the garage and a stream of "damns!" bursts out of his mouth? ;)

BTW, Mi., hilarious post. I always have nightmares and daymares at hospitals when I see those paintings. Little creepy figures staring back at me with swollen faces. Real children that were somehow frozen in the painting like that story Mom used to tell us as kids to creep us out...

mia veronica said...

oh Mario! How true, how true are your enlightening statements and I would have to go with Damn bursts being a great title - in fact I"m going to change it to that - - -it's not stealing, not really.

BTW,What the hell kinda mom did you grow up with because I remember no stories that creepy . . .
Mi.

emily said...

deep thoughts by Mia Chard.

danielle said...

definitely the same artist that has pictures in every hotel in the entire universe.
really, who is this person?
will the damn burst artist please stand up?