Thursday, September 24, 2009

Frankly.

I have found myself in need of a catharsis. Lately, for some reason, I have been overflowing with frustration and annoyance that comes up at the most inopportune times. I see every car on the road as an enemy sent to confound my plans of getting to where I need to be quickly - every person at any gas station or grocery store jumps into my line before me just to make things interesting - all of my professors tend to drone on and on just as a way to "stick it" to me. In reality, I know that no one on the roads care about me or are sent as an attack plan, the lines at various stores are not a conspiracy to get me down and my teachers are actually doing what I pay tuition to get - instruction. All of that aside, I need to get my frustration out in some way and if I offend, well, sorry about that.
"Life is not measured by the moments we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
This is false! I have had a vendetta against this phrase from the moment I laid eyes upon it. Yes, I know, it's meant to be a cutesy play on words and to describe those amazing moments that life throws our way but honestly how many times has life sincerely taken your breath away? If that is what measured life or kept me alive . . . I would be dead. When I moved into Michelle's house this phrase had been left in vinyl lettering on the wall and I never took it down. It has sat there on it's high horse, next to the ceiling, taunting every move I make. Today I decide to take my freedom back! Let the catharsis begin! I say to this sign as I strip it from my wall, "you are FALSE sign! Life IS measured by the breaths I take! It is NOT measured by the moments that take my breath away!"

Ahhhhh - feel better all ready.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

You go girl! Down with corny quotes forever!!!!

danielle said...

you go, mia! stick it to those vinyl letters!

marcos alvin said...

mia this rant was, to say the least, HYSTERICAL.
i was just reading it at work and i literally laughed out loud at this:
"Yes, I know, it's meant to be a cutesy play on words and to describe those amazing moments that life throws our way but honestly how many times has life sincerely taken your breath away? If that is what measured life or kept me alive . . . I would be dead."
you kill me sister!

Rosie said...

Will you still be my friend even though I have this very quote on my wall--where you have sat and eaten cinnamon rolls? Please will you still be my friend? Or will you pick the letters off the next time you come?!!!!!

mia veronica said...

Rose - haha - I can't make any promises:) - Just kidding - I cross my heart that I will never tear your letters down:)
Mia

Uno said...

TEAR IT DOWN

TEAR IT DOWN


TEAR IT DOWN

(Chant)


Uno...

Michelle said...

Oh mia, that is funny. We talked about this last night, and I agree! I don't think I have had too many moments that have took by breath away! I am gad you took it down haha

Leslie said...

It must be something in the air this month. And sadly, September is usually one of my favorites of the whole year (I'm having 2nd thoughts after this one in 2009). Everything I do and see has added a little lock of irritation to my head, lately. Best part of the month so far... no car insurance DUE! HORRAW for something nice!

Leslie said...

P.S.
I have that very cheesy (lame) statement on one of my walls... maybe the peeling alone would be liberating enough to make things better! Want to help?