Friday, September 11, 2009

I never would have believed.

Just call me Bourne, Jason Bourne.  A new dawn is awakening and I . . . I am the new dark night of espionage.  Oh, do I have a story to tell . . .

 

            I came home tonight from a lovely dinner with Gabby and Marcela.  I pulled into my usual spot and sat.  I sat thinking about all that seems to be swirling around in my mind lately.  I finally got out to make a call and when I was done, to my horror, my keys were not in my pocket.  I stood frozen in the driveway and instantly new of the mistake that I made again - - - 4th time in 3 months - - - keys locked away firmly in my car.  After calls to 24/7 locksmith’s and finding the going rate at $80.00 and an hour wait, I sat on my front porch and cried.  Not just tear-up cry but full on crying so loud I though the neighbors would come out to see what poor creature could make such a wounded cry.  How could I do this again – Michelle wont be home for hours – How could I be so foolish – why, why, why! (Seriously, just a tad of the emotionally overdramatic)

            Then, all of a sudden I thought – Why in the world are you crying?  What is that solving?  I stood up and thought - - - all of my detective TV show and action movie watching must be good for something!  I took two bobby pins out of my head and began to attack the front door lock.  It can’t be that hard – I have seen it million of times on TV – push in, turn, twist – something’s gotta give – wait, what was that? someone’s coming.  Just at that moment a jogger went by as I stood perfectly still in the darkened doorframe.  I realized that wasn’t working so I went to the side door and combined my bobby pins with my second elusive espionage tool . . . Jamba Juice gift card.  I slide and pushed and pulled to no avail.  There I was, on bended knee with bobby pins and a Jamba juice card – wow.  Next, it was the back sliding door.  Again, nothing.  Back to the side door – this has gotta work!  I never, in a million years would have believed it, had I not heard the “click” myself.  Suddenly there I was – inside the house . . . and laughing.  I had done it.

 

Hollywood – here I come.  

9 comments:

emily said...

THAT is hilarious! something good coming out of it. I love it. I'm glad you were safe! tip#1: you need a spare..the end

mia veronica said...

haha - I had two spares but . . . they were both in the house:)

marcos alvin said...

incredible! you've done it! you did it! after all those years of bournes and buffys, of gilmores and raymonds, of seinfelds and er, of the practice and without of trace, of lion kings and my sisters keeper, of on my own and the butter cream gang, of house and angel, of glee and the office, of rosie o donnels talk show and montel, of general hospital and passions, of the client and quantum leap, of oprah and the tyra banks show, of project runway and the first 48, of csi and sixty minutes, of american idol and so you think you can dance, of dancing with the stars and america's got talent, of street smarts and conan o brien, of lord of the rings and america's next top model, of the italian job and oceans eleven-twelve-thirteen, of the green mile and 500 days of summer, of the soloist and e true hollywood story, of little house on the prairie and trading spaces, of what not to wear and jon and kate plus eight, of american dreams and friday night lights, of leo buscaglia and save the last dance -- MIA after all these years of watching YOU DID IT!

Rosie said...

Cracked me up--not the crying part but that you actually figured it out! We had to call a lock smith last week-justin locked the keys inside-we had NO SPARE-they got lost on Snowbasin. We were in the garage and can't move the car!

There are magnetic boxes that you can get and hook underneath the car--look into it!!!

funny girl!

MC said...

OK, so not only was that story incredible, Dancos's response above with the eternal list of tv shows and other entertainments (leo buscaglia? Street Smarts!?!) was just as nuts!

I'm glad I contributed to your losing your keys in the car. (I was that phone call, right?).

You freezing at the door with your pins and Jamba Juice card in hand (which, by the way, you managed to keep on your person?) as a runner sprinted by belongs on the Chard top ten list of funny/embarrassing moments we caused ourselves.

What else is on that list? Me stealing food from the elderly with Marcos in Steamboat Springs. I don't remember the other eight.

mia veronica said...

I agree with Mario, in that, Marcos's response was spot on! And, yes Mario, you did contribute to my amazing ability of getting myself locked out of things! As for that card and bobby pins - what can I say? Once a girl scout, always a girl scout! (that being said I would have to believe that out of all the Chard kids I made it the farthest in the scouting arena!)
I do believe another of the top ten has to be Gabby kissing the head of that lady in Argentina that he thought was mom. What else do we got, folks?

The Cragun's said...

Love it that is great!

Ariel said...

My mom linked to your blog from mine and then wrote me this. "She looks fabulous! Please tell her for me that she is an excellent writer. I’m happy to know she’s going to school and I hope she’s studying some literature. The way she writes... it just drew me in."

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Jessie Gold Price said...

Haha! Mia, I love it! So funny!