Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes - I never knew my heart wished for Germany:)

Here is is everyone - Germany, the fatherland. I never thought that I would say that I loved it so much (they are Argentina soccer rivals and I feel as if I'm letting my country down - you don't play around with soccer in my world and loving a rival country is playing around), but I did. It was very beautiful and the people were friendly and hey, I had fun trying to read road signs - fyi, I BUTCHERED the language! Ask Marcos, or anyone in my family for that matter, and you will know that Mia and accents do not mix.


This is the morning sky as we started out, actually it was pitch(seriously during spell check it changed pitch actually had "B" as it's first letter, yikes!) black when we started out because we left at 5am but here is the sky a few hours later - - -


- - - - and here is a sky a few minutes after that:) Most of the rest of that day, this was our view - beautiful, no?

Ah, okay, much better right? This is somewhere between Austria and Gemany, it's like the sound of music, except with power lines.

Your ever lovely photographer just enjoying the ride . . .
And here we are folks - 6 hours, 5 almost near misses with trucks, 4 million "are we there yet" and "i'm hungry", 3 movies for the kids, 2 pit stops to stretch the 'ol legs, and 1 beautiful castle at the end of a very LONG rainbow . . .
Here is the castle that inspired old Walt Disney in his quest for world domin- opps, his quest for bringing joy to the hearts of little girls and boys - the Sleeping Beauty Castle - every little girl wanted to be her (except me, I liked to play with trucks) and every boy wanted to be the Prince who woke her up (probably not really but it sounded nice, right?). The castle is called the Neuschwanstein castle - just rolls off the tongue, and it is located in southern Germany. There is another castle a stone's throw away that isn't as talked about and is probably seen as the ugly step-child that parents only acknowledge out of proximity - case it point, looking through my photos I found no pictures of the other castle. Oh, the mystery - climbing out of the forest to announce its presence! Your going to love the next picture I took . . . .

Bam! The line for the carriage was so long that when we finally got out turn it was winter - only joking - I actually took a picture of a picture and was going to pass it off as my own . . .

Here are Cele and Cristina finally in the carriage and on our way up - Cristina is actually smiling here but this is her mad smile because some other people took the front seat - if you want really awkward ask me about the deaf people that I accidentally kicked out of butting in line before I knew they were deaf - so many awkward moments . . .

I took a lot of pictures for Marcos and Dani because they are major, and I mean crazy stalker major, fans of all things Disney . . .

View from the mountain top!

Small town, off in the distance - - -
And yet, another off in the distance shot . . .

Here is our close up Mr. Deville! It was such a cloudy day and it was like the mecca of all tourists in all the world - I swear every country was represented . . . .

Here I am - Sleeping Beauty. Having escaped on my own without the required kiss, I am making my speedy getaway and, as you can see, I'm pretty happy about it.

Two civilians that I met as I escaped . . .

Did you know it has an inside courtyard? Now you do. That couple on the right are interestingly making out in front of hundreds - to each his own . . .

Another courtyard shot - I want a castle.

Here we have the parade of cows after we had returned from Never Never Land. I didn't know until that moment that we had arrived on the day that kicks off Oktoberfest. I also didn't know that they celebrate my honoring cows . . .

Here is an interesting lake that we came across when we needed to find a detour because the traffic jam we came through on the way up was like 500times worse going back. This is a back road that our GPS found for us - it was the most beautiful lake with the greenest water ever!

Another shot - let's here it for the road not taken(hehe - Mario that is for you, is the context right:)
Finally we arrive in Garmisch - first order of business: buy pretzel. Not just any pretzel but a nut rolled, powdered sugar piece of heaven - Danke, Germany, Danke . . .

Next order of business - - - - - buy sweet new purse, a Marc Picard purse.

Buildings are painted everywhere! Here is the man I'm going to marry . . .
Garmisch - a view towards the mountains, very lovely.


Our last stop for the night - a traditional German restaurant. It was wonderful and I had some potato soup and a turkey sandwich that turned in to monster of a sandwich - see further down . . .


Kickin' it Oktoberfest style - - - Don't worry folks, I'm living it up with carbonated water . . .


Here is the monster sandwich . . .

The next morning proved to be a lovely one - look at that mountain peak - it's the Three Gate Peak!

Wow, right?
Again - it was beyond fantastic!
Let's here is for Germany! It was something else . . .

5 comments:

Michelle said...

AMAZING!!! You look so cute, love the out fit and hat, oh and purse!! So fun! I wish I was there with you, gorgeous!!

Rosie said...

I know exactly where you were!!! Remember a few years ago I went to Germany with my friend. That weird green river was bizarre--something about the minerals in the water. Did you know that Disney used Neuswanstein castle's courtyard for the movie Kitty Kitty Bang bang bang? I also shopped right where you were in the purse picture! I loved how all the farms ran together, there were no fences. I took tons of pictures of the buildings, they were so so beatiful.

I am so glad that you are putting all of your adventures on your blog!

I am cleaning cobwebs from my front door and windows!!!

Love you!

Leslie said...

(applause....applause)
Love it! I want a castle and a pretzel and a purse. Sounds like a happily ever after to me!!!

abby's photo shoppe said...

Mia! I wish I were there with you! My grandma Harris came from Germany. Jealousy my lady. So glad you are having a fun time. And honestly, your photography skills are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

doug chard said...

Fantastic Sis!!!! Didn't you run thru those fields singing "The fields are alive with the sound of music...Etc"? Don't show those pictures to our Mountains it will make them feel bad. Love you!!
Papa