Monday, August 9, 2010

"We've only just begun . . ."

I realized something this morning – I have been alive only a little longer than Law and Order had been a hit crime drama on NBC. Its crazy how time flies, right? Especially when we measure it by that capable ruler – so from here on out instead of the phrase “many moons ago”, I will use, “many Law and Order seasons ago” to tell my tales of life and existence . . .



. . . Many Law and Order seasons ago, my mother, Susana, was heavy with child (me:)) and busy as always. She woke early on the morning of August 9th and decided that being nine months pregnant made it a perfect time to pick beans in the garden across the way – Gail Lord’s garden (side note: Gail’s garden rocks and is still as perfect today as it was those many years ago). I had taken my time in coming to this world, in other words – I was late, which has often surprised me because being late now is one of my biggest pet peeves. Anyhow, back to my tale . . . my mother was in the garden picking beans when a stork flew down (haha, jk – checking to see if you are paying attention); she was in the garden when she realized that her baby was coming. She called my dad, who called the doctor and the nurse told them to get to the hospital as soon as possible because the baby was coming fast – “Don’t wait, just come!” My mother, as you recall, had been in the garden picking beans under a hot August sun, there was no way she was going to go without a shower so, disregarding a doctor’s order and causing my life danger she took her time to shower and get ready and they made it to the hospital in time for me to be born with modern medical conveniences and not in the back of my pop’s 78 Thunderbird (now that would have been a story!).
This story has been told many a time, so many in fact that I could dictate it in my sleep and pause and annunciate certain words for affect better than my mother herself :) I think that all children should know how they came into this world and should hear from their parents, like I have, of the joy and life that their being born has brought to the life of those that love them.
I love my family and so much more - - - - stay tuned for the next birthday installment of what 28 years of living has taught me – Oh! The wisdom!

5 comments:

danielle said...

oh my gosh... this is wonderful. i've never heard this story before. i can't believe she waiting and took a shower and everything hahaha oh man that is just so SUSY! i love this. i love YOU! happy birthday mia wia!





hey guy.

MC said...

On this day many Law and Orders ago, Mia was born into the world. Thus began the first episode of "Mia's Memories," a series of memories which only sometimes resemble the true history but are always enjoyable and full of wisdom despite her being the only girl among three brothers. Happy Birthday!

mia veronica said...

Thanks Dani!

Mario - not "only sometimes" do my memories resemble the truth but ALWAYS do they resemble every facet of true life among the Chards!

Uno said...

Mario...Mia is stuck in the fourth level of her memories and we need a kick to get her back to reality....

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Happy B Day Kid

Uno...

Jessie Gold Price said...

Mia! Happy Birthday woman! Thanks for the laughs! Your posts are always so funny! When do you leave for Italy?!